Graduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership
Strategic leadership goes beyond managing others, encompassing all of the skills and capacities needed to navigate the complex analytical and human dimensions inherent in any leadership role.
The graduate certificate program in strategic leadership at UD’s Lerner College allows working professionals to build their leadership mindset and skillset to better manage individuals, teams and organizations. Students take the same courses offered in the Lerner MBA and learn how to effectively influence others, build teams and support networks, manage change and set strategic organizational direction.
- Learn specialized skills in strategic leadership from leading faculty
- Take MBA-level coursework and earn credits toward the Lerner MBA
- Build a professional network in a collaborative academic environment
- Work with an MBA advisor to select appropriate courses
- Students can complete the program in as little as one year
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA to be awarded the certificate
- Completion of the certificate may waive up to 12 credits toward the Lerner MBA
- Those interested in pursuing the Lerner MBA will need to apply for admission to the MBA program upon completion of the certificate program
Required (6 credits)
BUAD 670 – Managing People, Teams and Organizations*
BUAD 673 – Advanced Topics in Leadership and Teams*
Electives, Choose Two (6 credits)
BUAD 674 – Selected Topics in Management and
Leadership* (may be taken more than once)
BUAD 675 – Strategic Human Resources
BUAD 679 – Negotiation & Conflict Resolution
BUAD 678 – Leading Across Boundaries*
BUAD 672 – Strategic Change & Innovation
BUAD 641 – Managing the Global Enterprise*
Admission requirements are the same as for the Lerner MBA. Learn more about the graduate certificate admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.