Master of Science in Business Analytics and Information Management
Advance your technical and analytical skills with an M.S. in business analytics and information management. Your degree will prepare you to become a valuable employee who can manage change and innovation in any industry – your employer will rely on your skills to understand data and technology.
The M.S. in business analytics and information management is a program of study that you customize to meet your career goals. Choose a business analytics focus, an information management focus or a blend of the two. Designed for both working professionals and full-time students, you will gain the skills and knowledge to be a leader in data-driven decision making.
Additionally, the M.S. in business analytics and information management degree qualifies as a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) OPT (Optional Practical Training) program. This allows international students in a technical field to apply for a 24-month extension to their OPT period.
Our curriculum will prepare you for the complex challenges of today’s increasingly technical and competitive global environment.
MISY 604 – Database Design and Implementation
MISY 606 – Object-Oriented Systems Analysis, Design and Implementation
Core Courses (24 credits): Choose 8 courses from:
ACCT 602 – Big Data Technologies
BUAD 620 – Fundamentals of Analytics
BUAD 621 – Decision Analytics and Visualization
BUAD 622 – Optimization and Spreadsheet Modelling
BUAD 625 – Business Analytics Capstone
MISY 631 – Data Mining for Business Analytics
MISY 675 – Dashboard Design & Storytelling
STAT 674 – Applied Data Base Management (SAS)
MISY 605 – Current Issues in Management Information Systems
BUAD 670 – Managing People, Teams, and Organizations
MISY 615 – Enterprise Architecture: Digitally Transforming Business
MISY 640 – Project Management and Costing
MISY 650 – Security and Control
MISY 655 – Ethics in Technology Management
MISY 673 – Information Technology and Organizational Effectiveness
CPEG 665 – Introduction to Cybersecurity
Other courses with approval from the director
Lerner faculty who teach in the masters program bring a combination of academic and real-world experience to the classroom providing fresh insights on the role of business analytics and information management.
Every industry and sector relies heavily on business analytics and information management graduates to tame the complexities of technology and help senior executives make informed decisions on how best to apply data to improve productivity and drive innovation. This means ample and diverse career options for graduates of Lerner’s M.S. in business analytics and information management. Some top career fields for graduates include:
The demand for evaluating, choosing and integrating adaptive information technologies has become vital for every business, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
Use analysis and design techniques to solve business problems using information technology. Become a change agent for organizations – identify needed organizational improvements, implement the changes and train and motivate others to use the systems.
Enable change in an organization by analyzing, documenting and assessing the business, its processes and systems to then be able to recommend solutions that deliver value to the stakeholders.
- What Can You Do With a Management Information Systems Degree? - A strong background in management information systems (MIS) prepares students to spot business trends and help companies achieve success. Read this article to find out if a degree in MIS is right for you.
- What Can You Do With a Management Degree? - In a global, complex and fast-paced world, leaders are needed now more than ever in organizations to keep them productive and competitive. Students who pursue the management degree at the University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics are taught to become one of these leaders in addition to learning how to work […]
- Inaugural Lerner Business Analytics Case Competition Begins - EY is sponsoring the inaugural Lerner Business Analytics Case Competition for UD students to gain experience applying their business analytics skills.
- Lerner Remote Resources - The Lerner College is committed to supporting our community during this uncertain time. Please refer to this page for important resources and contact information.
- How Faking Social Responsibility May Get Companies Hacked - New research from University of Delaware Lerner College Professor John D’Arcy suggests that some hackers may be motivated by disappointment in a company’s attempts to fake social responsibility.
Learn more about M.S. in business analytics and information management admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.