Master of Science in Business Analytics and Information Management
Leaders who understand data can manage change and meet business challenges with confidence. Every industry relies on business analytics and information management professionals to tame the complexities of technology and help make informed decisions on how best to apply data to improve productivity and drive innovation.
Whether you study online, in person or in a combination of formats, your analytics master’s degree will advance your technical and analytical skills, preparing you for the complex challenges of today’s increasingly technical and competitive global environment.
Flexible Format Options
1 to 1 1/2 years; 3-4 courses per semester
2 years; 1-3 courses per semester
Earn your degree from anywhere
Mix and match in-person and online courses
Our program can be customized to meet your career goals: you can choose to focus your study on business analytics, information management or a blend of the two. It’s designed to be convenient for both working professionals and full-time students.
ACCT 604 – Database Design and Implementation
MISY 606 – Object-Oriented Systems Analysis, Design and Implementation
Core Courses (24 credits): Choose any 8 courses from:
ACCT 602 – Big Data Technologies
BUAD 620 – Fundamentals of Analytics
BUAD 621 – Decision Analytics and Visualization
BUAD 622 – Optimization and Spreadsheet Modelling
BUAD 625 – Business Analytics Capstone
BUAD 670 – Managing People, Teams, and Organizations
MISY 605 – Current Issues in Management Information Systems
MISY 615 – Enterprise Architecture: Digitally Transforming Business
MISY 627 – Information Technology and Organizational Effectiveness
MISY 631 – Data Mining for Business Analytics
MISY 640 – Project Management and Costing
MISY 650 – Security and Control
MISY 655 – Ethics in Technology Management
MISY 675 – Dashboard Design & Storytelling
STAT 674 – Applied Data Base Management (SAS)
Other courses with approval from the director
Lerner faculty who teach in the masters program bring a combination of academic and real-world experience to the classroom providing fresh insights on the role of business analytics and information management.
Ample and diverse career options await graduates of Lerner’s M.S. in business analytics and information management. Some top career fields for graduates include:
- IT Consultant
- Systems Analyst
- Business Analyst
CLASS OF 2020: 89% employed (or pursuing further education)
Our graduates have found jobs in a wide variety of companies, including:
- JP Morgan Chase
- Sallie Mae
STEM OPT Program
The M.S. in business analytics and information management degree qualifies as a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) OPT (Optional Practical Training) program. This allows international students in a technical field to apply for a 24-month extension to their OPT period.
- What is a STEM Degree - What are the advantages of STEM degrees? What are STEM-designated degrees? And, how can foreign students harness them to optimize their education and professional experiences in the U.S.?
- What is business analytics? - What do business analysts do? How much do they make? Could the career be right for you? Find out in this straightforward introduction to the field.
- What Can You Do With a Management Information Systems Degree? - A strong background in management information systems (MIS) prepares students to spot business trends and help companies achieve success. Read this article to find out if a degree in MIS is right for you.
- What Can You Do With a Management Degree? - In a global, complex and fast-paced world, leaders are needed now more than ever in organizations to keep them productive and competitive. Students who pursue the management degree at the University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics are taught to become one of these leaders in addition to learning how to work […]
- Lerner Remote Resources - The Lerner College is committed to supporting our community during this uncertain time. Please refer to this page for important resources and contact information.
Learn more about M.S. in business analytics and information management admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.