Business Analytics and Information Management (M.S.)
Leaders who understand data can manage change and meet business challenges with confidence. Every industry relies on business analytics and information management professionals to tame the complexities of technology and help make informed decisions on how best to apply data to improve productivity and drive innovation.
Whether you study online, in person or in a combination of formats, your analytics master’s degree will advance your technical and analytical skills, preparing you for the complex challenges of today’s increasingly technical and competitive global environment.
Flexible Format Options
1 to 1 1/2 years; 3-4 courses per semester
2 years; 1-3 courses per semester
Mix and match in-person and online courses
Our program can be customized to meet your career goals: you can choose to focus your study on business analytics, information management or a blend of the two. It’s designed to be convenient for both working professionals and full-time students.
Courses (30 credits)
STEM OPT Program
The M.S. in business analytics and information management degree is a STEM-designated degree program and provides international students 24 months of OPT (Optional Practical Training) in addition to the original 12 months.
Lerner faculty who teach in the masters program bring a combination of academic and real-world experience to the classroom providing fresh insights on the role of business analytics and information management.
Ample and diverse career options await graduates of Lerner’s M.S. in business analytics and information management. Some top career fields for graduates include:
- IT Consultant
- Systems Analyst
- Business Analyst
CLASS OF 2022: 91% employed (or pursuing further education)
Our graduates have found jobs in a wide variety of companies, including:
- JP Morgan Chase
- Bank of America
Visit UD’s Career Outcomes website for details on what our graduates do, where they work and the salaries they make.
- Lerner Graduate Student Stories: Felisters Khaikwa Wamayuyi - Felisters Khaikwa Wamayuyi is pursuing a dual MBA and M.S. in business analytics and information management (BAIM) degrees, while serving as a data analyst for the Christiana Care Health System. She’s expected to graduate in Spring 2023 and she’s shared why she pursued her graduate degrees with UD’s Lerner College.
- Business Analytics and Information Management Graduate Student Association - Michael Dugbater, Class of 2024 graduate student pursuing a Master of Science in business analytics and information management, is the president of the Business Analytics and Information Management Graduate Student Association (BAIM GSA) at Lerner College. Dugbater shared why he joined the BAIM GSA and what makes this group stand out!
- Five Lerner Students Receive Alteryx SparkED Graduate Scholarship - Five Lerner master of science in business analytics and information management students were awarded the Alteryx SparkED Graduate Scholarship, a program designed to support and encourage the education of future data analytics professionals.
- What is a STEM Degree - What are the advantages of STEM degrees? What are STEM-designated degrees? And, how can foreign students harness them to optimize their education and professional experiences in the U.S.?
- What is business analytics? - What do business analysts do? How much do they make? Could the career be right for you? Find out in this straightforward introduction to the field.
Learn more about M.S. in business analytics and information management admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.
This STEM-designated program provides international students 24 months of OPT (Optional Practical Training) in addition to the original 12 months.
Support the M.S. in BAIM
Support Lerner’s M.S. in Business Analytics and Information Management.
Carol A. Ammon Case Competition
Graduate student teams present their solutions to current issues faced by the competition’s focal company.