MBA Major in Strategic Leadership
Strategic leadership goes beyond managing others, encompassing all of the skills and capacities needed to navigate the complex analytical and human dimensions inherent in any leadership role. Learn to influence others, manage change, set strategic direction and build teams and support networks.
The Lerner MBA’s core business courses and professional development classes give you a solid base of business management knowledge. By choosing the strategic leadership major as part of your MBA, you’ll prepare for a job or career that applies specialized finance knowledge to business challenges.
You can take advantage of internship and career opportunities in our central Delaware location — within a few hours of Washington D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York City.
MBA majors require 5 courses in a particular field. Suggested course sequence:
BUAD 672 – Strategic Leadership and Change (required)
BUAD 673 – Advanced Topics in Leadership and Teams (required)
Choose 3 from:
BUAD 641 – Managing the Global Enterprise or BUAD 678 – Leading Across Boundaries (only one may be used)
BUAD 677 – Skills for Change Agents
BUAD 674 – Selected Topics in Management and Leadership (may be taken more than once)
BUAD 679 – Negotiation & Conflict Resolution
MISY 640 – Project Management
- Director of leadership development
- Strategy consultant
- Senior strategic analyst
- Director of thought leadership
- Director of strategic planning and operations
- Executive director
- Join Us For Virtual MBA Zoom Info Sessions - Meet with our MBA admissions team during an upcoming Wednesday Virtual MBA Zoom Session from Noon to 2 p.m. EST to discuss any questions you may have about earning an MBA.
- Rethinking How We Assess GME Students - The MBA Roundtable selected a project led by University of Delaware Professors Mark Serva, Amanda Convery and Amanda Bullough as one of two 2021 Innovator Award winners.
- My MBA Experience - In this video, our current MBA candidates share their experience and discuss what they chose this program, what they have learned so far and the opportunities the UD Lerner MBA has given them.
- Lerner Remote Resources - The Lerner College is committed to supporting our community during this uncertain time. Please refer to this page for important resources and contact information.
- Will You Be Our Business Partner? - At the 2020 Carol A. Ammon Case Competition, graduate students from the Lerner College formu-lated viable business plans for Rosewood Farms, a family-owned wedding venue.
Learn more about MBA in strategy and leadership admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.