Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The educational mission of UD is to offer learning experiences that prepare our students to live in an increasingly diverse and global world.
At Lerner, we welcome the opportunity to understand and appreciate both the shared and unique background and talents that all of us offer – students, staff, faculty and community. Our aim is to foster diversity and inclusion throughout all aspects of life at Lerner.
LDC programming includes events such as an educational speaker series, student professional development, diversity-focused recruiting, student conference travel, diversity awards and other needs as they arise and the LDC program evolves.
News: Lerner Diversity Initiative
- Keeping the Momentum Going for Racial Justice - In this video, Jennifer Joe, Daphne McRae, Nicole Jeter West and Vina Amankwaa Afrifa discuss ways to continue the discussions about racial justice.
- The Great Migration and the Economics of Race - The Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship hosted Delaware educators for a virtual lecture by MAEEE alumnus Brett Burkey to help teachers and students understand how biased policy resulted in inequitable opportunities.
- Finding the antidote to racial bias in the workplace - Lerner profs. Jennifer Joe and Wendy Smith co-authored an opinion piece for The Conversation on how white people can support their Black colleagues and address racial bias.
- Lerner’s Top Stories of 2020 - From student success to new faculty research, here are our top 10 most popular stories from 2020 at UD's Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics.
The Lerner Diversity Council
The Lerner Diversity Council (LDC) focuses on building community and college climate; transforming curricular and co-curricular activities; and strengthening outreach and engagement, all with the central focus on diversity.
The Lerner Diversity Council supports equality, tolerance, diversity and respect across Lerner.
- Carlos Asarta, associate professor of economics, director – Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship
- K. Basoglu, associate professor of accounting
- Rowe Clay
- Shawn Futch, Lerner undergraduate student
- Iqbal Hasan
- Dena Hillison, Lerner communications specialist
- Jennifer Joe, Whitney Family Professor of Accounting, Cohen Family Lerner Director of Diversity, chief diversity advocate of Lerner College
- Dianne Leipold, instructor of management
- Christopher Lynch, instructor of finance
- Dee Muir, assistant professor of marketing
- Kyle Natter
- Ali Poorani, associate professor of hospitality business management
- Stephen Roberts, UDREAM academic program coordinator, advisor
- Anu Sivaraman, assistant professor of marketing, faculty director of assessment
- Carter Vaughan
The LDC is grateful to its founding corporate sponsor, KPMG.
For more information about diversity at Lerner, or the LDC or any of its programs, contact: