Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The educational mission of UD is to offer learning experiences that prepare our students to live in an increasingly diverse and global world.
At Lerner, we welcome the opportunity to understand and appreciate both the shared and unique background and talents that all of us offer – students, staff, faculty and community. Our aim is to foster diversity and inclusion throughout all aspects of life at Lerner. We join our efforts to diversity initiatives campus-wide.
The Lerner Diversity Council
The Lerner Diversity Council (LDC) focuses on building community and college climate; transforming curricular and co-curricular activities; and strengthening outreach and engagement, all with the central focus on diversity. The LDC – supporting equality, tolerance, diversity and respect across Lerner.
LDC programming includes events such as an educational speaker series, student professional development, diversity-focused recruiting, student conference travel, diversity awards and other needs as they arise and the LDC program evolves.
- Building community and improving climate
- Community outreach and engagement
- Curricular and co-curricular transformation
- Carlos Asarta, associate professor of economics, director – Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship
- Asli Basoglu, associate professor of accounting
- Shawn Futch, Lerner undergraduate student
- Jennifer Joe, Whitney Family Professor of Accounting, Cohen Family Lerner Director of Diversity, chief diversity advocate of Lerner College
- Dianne Leipold, instructor of management
- Chris Lynch, instructor of finance
- Sam Piotrowski, Lerner undergraduate student
- Ali Poorani, associate professor of hospitality business management
- Brandon Figueroa Rivas, Lerner undergraduate student
- Stephen Roberts, UDREAM academic program coordinator, advisor
The LDC is grateful to its founding corporate sponsor, KPMG.
News: Lerner Diversity Initiative
- The Power of Black Women’s Voices (6/23/2020)
- Advancing Justice in Times of Crisis (6/18/2020)
- Better Together at Lerner and Elsewhere (6/9/2020)
- Association of Latino Professionals for America (11/20/2019)
For more information about diversity at Lerner, or the LDC or any of its programs, contact: