MBA + Master of Science in Information Systems and Technology Management Dual Degree Program
By combining the required courses of the MBA program with the required and elective courses of the M.S. in information systems and technology management, you can earn both degrees with a total of 59 credits.
Lerner’s Office of Graduate and MBA Programs and the Department of Accounting & Management Information Systems jointly administer this dual degree program.
The MBA/M.S. in information systems and technology management dual degree program qualifies as a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) OPT (Optional Practical Training) program. This allows international students in a technical field to apply for a 24-month extension to their OPT period.
Complete 59 credits of coursework at UD (regardless of course waivers) and maintain continuous enrollment in every regular semester (fall and spring).
This dual degree program includes no elective credits, so plan carefully.
Suggested course sequence.
ECON 503 – Economic Analysis for Business Policy
BUAD 820 – Fundamentals of Analytics
BUAD 870 – Managing People, Teams and Organizations
BUAD 880 – Marketing Management
BUAD 831 – Operations Management and Management Science
FINC 850 – Financial Management
BUAD 840 – Ethical Issues in Domestic and Global Business Environments
BUAD 890 – Corporate Strategy
Professional Development Seminars (1 credit each):
BUEC 601 – Building Emotional Intelligence and Critical Thinking
BUEC 603 – Communicating, Branding and Career Networking
ACCT 804 – Database Design and Implementation
ACCT 806 – Systems Analysis and Implementation
MISY 810 – Telecommunications and Networking
Core Courses (21 credits): Choose 7 courses from:
ACCT 805 – Current Issues in Management Information Systems
MISY 615 – Enterprise Architecture: Digitally Transforming Business
MISY 631 – Data Mining for Business Analytics
MISY 830 – Business Intelligence and Analytics
MISY 840 – Project Management
MISY 850 – Security & Control
MISY 873 – Information Technology and Organizational Effectiveness
BUAD 621 – Decision Analytics and Visualization
BUAD 622 – Optimizing and Spreadsheet Modeling
BUAD 820 – Fundamentals of Analytics
CPEG 665 – Introduction to Cybersecurity
STAT 674 – Applied Data Base Management (SAS)
Other courses with approval from the director
- Lifelong Lerner: Sarah Meadows - Sarah Meadows, a member of UD’s Lerner Class of 2020, shared her favorite UD memories, how she has changed during her time at UD and her plans following graduation.
- Lerner Graduate Student Stories: Jing Gong - Jing Gong is an MBA and master of science in information systems and technology management dual degree candidate at UD’s Lerner College. Gong shared how this program has impacted her and what she plans to do next.
- Lerner Remote Resources - The Lerner College is committed to supporting our community during this uncertain time. Please refer to this page for important resources and contact information.
- What Can You Do with a Sport Management Degree? - The sport management major is designed to prepare you for a successful career in the multi-billion-dollar sports industry. As a sport management major you’ll take courses that are specific to the sport management discipline as well as business courses that will help you to develop quantitative analysis skills and an understanding of essential business concepts. […]
- What can you do with a management information systems degree? - A strong background in management information systems (MIS) prepares students to spot business trends and help companies achieve success. Read this article to find out if a degree in MIS is right for you.
Learn more about MBA admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.