Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems
The Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems (MIS) offers distinctive and innovative educational opportunities designed to promote scholarship and successful leadership.
Join our diverse group of talented and intellectually curious students, and gain the knowledge and skills required to succeed in a highly competitive, global, technology-based marketplace.
B.S. in Accounting
B.S. in Business Analytics
B.S. in Management Information Systems (MIS)
Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Minor in Business Analytics
Accounting B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
Accounting B.S. + Business Analytics and Information Management M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
Management Information Systems B.S. + Business Analytics and Information Management M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
M.S. in Accounting
M.S. in Business Analytics & Information Management
- M.S. in Accounting Practice
- MBA Major in Business Analytics
- MBA Concentration in Accounting
- MBA Concentration in Business Analytics
- MBA Concentration in Information Technology
- MBA + M.S. in Accounting Dual Degree
- MBA + M.S. in Business Analytics and Information Management Dual Degree
- M.S. in Business Analytics and Information Management + M.S. in Cybersecurity Dual Degree
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Ph.D. in Financial Services Analytics
Lerner’s accounting and management information systems department is a premier recruiting source for internships and jobs with the Big 4 international accounting firms, consulting firms and financial institutions as well as many other national, regional and local companies.
UD’s central east coast location and the Lerner College’s variety of experience-driven learning opportunities make the UD accounting degree a central part of a successful future in any accounting-related profession.
The accounting program provides preparation for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and other professional certifications.
Supporting Our Mission
The department’s faculty is committed to offering distinctive and innovative educational opportunities related to professions in accounting and management of information systems. We are proud to team with alumni and the businesses community to assure the success of our students.
If you would like to explore the many ways to join our mission or support our commitment to students, please contact the department office by emailing email@example.com or calling 302-831-2961.
- My Summer Internship: Grace Zhang - Grace Zhang, a Class of 2022 finance, management information systems and marketing majors with a minor in French, spent her summer interning as a business analyst with Amazon.
- What Can You Do With an Accounting Degree? - Careers in accounting offer job security, opportunities for advancement and variety. Read this article to find out if a degree in accounting is right for you.
- What Can You Do With a Management Information Systems Degree? - A strong background in management information systems (MIS) prepares students to spot business trends and help companies achieve success. Read this article to find out if a degree in MIS is right for you.
- Serving and Studying Abroad - After spending three semesters stationed at the Al Udeid Air Base in Doha, Qatar, UD MIS major Miranda Petti’s sophomore year looked a little different than that of her peers.
- Closing the Skills Gap - UD's trust management minor at the Lerner College of Business and Economics was recognized as a forward-looking initiative to help bridge the gap in the trust management industry. This collaborative effort created a program that defines success for both students and participating companies.