Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems
The Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems (MIS) offers distinctive and innovative educational opportunities designed to promote scholarship and successful leadership.
Join our diverse group of talented and intellectually curious students, and gain the knowledge and skills required to succeed in a highly competitive, global, technology-based marketplace.
B.S. in Accounting
B.S. in Management Information Systems (MIS)
Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Minor in Business Analytics
- Accounting B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
M.S. in Accounting
M.S. in Business Analytics & Information Management
- Master of Accounting Practice (MAP)
- MBA Major in Accounting
- MBA Concentration in Information Technology
- MBA + M.S. in Accounting Dual Degree
- MBA + M.S. in Business Analytics & Information Management Dual Degree
- M.S. in Business Analytics & Information Management + M.S. in Cybersecurity Dual Degree
Lerner’s accounting and management information systems department is a premier recruiting source for internships and jobs with the Big 4 international accounting firms, consulting firms and financial institutions as well as many other national, regional and local companies.
UD’s central east coast location and the Lerner College’s variety of experience-driven learning opportunities make the UD accounting degree a central part of a successful future in any accounting-related profession.
The accounting program provides preparation for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and other professional certifications.
Supporting Our Mission
The department’s faculty is committed to offering distinctive and innovative educational opportunities related to professions in accounting and management of information systems. We are proud to team with alumni and the businesses community to assure the success of our students.
If you would like to explore the many ways to join our mission or support our commitment to students, please contact the department office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 302-831-2961.
- How I Teach — Business - UD Marketing Professor Julia Belyavsky Bayuk helps incoming Lerner students discover their passion through the Basics of Business, otherwise known as BUAD 110.
- Connecting with the Lerner College this spring - Lerner Student Stories Sessions, Lerner Virtual Visit Days and UD Decision Days offer three unique experiences to connect with us and learn more about life as a Blue Hen.
- Lerner’s Top Stories of 2020 - From student success to new faculty research, here are our top 10 most popular stories from 2020 at UD's Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics.
- What I Love About My Major: MIS - In this video, University of Delaware students majoring in management information systems (MIS) share their favorite things about their major.
- A First-Class Student - This year, Devarshi Patel will become the first graduate of the University of Delaware’s master of science dual degree program in business analytics and information management (BAIM) + cybersecurity.