Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems
The Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems (MIS) offers distinctive and innovative educational opportunities designed to promote scholarship and successful leadership.
Join our diverse group of talented and intellectually curious students, and gain the knowledge and skills required to succeed in a highly competitive, global, technology-based marketplace.
B.S. in Accounting
B.S. in Management Information Systems (MIS)
Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Minor in Business Analytics
- Accounting B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
M.S. in Accounting
M.S. in Information Systems & Technology Management
- Master of Accounting Practice (MAP)
- MBA Major in Accounting
- MBA Concentration in Information Technology
- MBA + M.S. in Accounting Dual Degree
- MBA + M.S. in Information Systems & Technology Management Dual Degree
- M.S. in Information Systems & Technology Management + M.S. in Cybersecurity Dual Degree
Lerner’s accounting and management information systems department is a premier recruiting source for internships and jobs with the Big 4 international accounting firms, consulting firms and financial institutions as well as many other national, regional and local companies.
UD’s central east coast location and the Lerner College’s variety of experience-driven learning opportunities make the UD accounting degree a central part of a successful future in any accounting-related profession.
The accounting program provides preparation for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and other professional certifications.
Supporting Our Mission
The department’s faculty is committed to offering distinctive and innovative educational opportunities related to professions in accounting and management of information systems. We are proud to team with alumni and the businesses community to assure the success of our students.
If you would like to explore the many ways to join our mission or support our commitment to students, please contact the department office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 302-831-2961.
- 5 Tips for How to Job Search in Uncertain Times - In order to support our students during the coronavirus outbreak, Jill Gugino Pante and Sarah Baker Andrus from the Lerner College Career Services Center shared expert advice on how to pursue a job search during this time.
- Students Use Tech Skills to Help Nonprofit - UD MIS students used their technology skills to help a local nonprofit as part of a capstone course project. Students said the project was a rewarding hands-on learning experience.
- Artificial Intelligence in the Changing Business Landscape - The 2020 Lerner MBA Students Association Conference will bring together distinguished voices to discuss the intersection of business and technology on Friday, Feb. 28.
- Lerner’s Top 10 Stories of 2019 - From student success to new faculty research, here are our top 10 most popular blog posts from 2018 at the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics.
- Lerner College Program Ranked by Poets&Quants - UD’s Lerner College Undergraduate Program has risen 10 spots to be ranked #51 in the nation this year.