Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems
The Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems (MIS) offers distinctive and innovative educational opportunities designed to promote scholarship and successful leadership.
Join our diverse group of talented and intellectually curious students, and gain the knowledge and skills required to succeed in a highly competitive, global, technology-based marketplace.
B.S. in Accounting
B.S. in Business Analytics
B.S. in Management Information Systems (MIS)
Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Minor in Business Analytics
Accounting B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
Accounting B.S. + Business Analytics and Information Management M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
Management Information Systems B.S. + Business Analytics and Information Management M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
M.S. in Accounting
M.S. in Business Analytics & Information Management
- M.S. in Accounting Practice
- MBA Major in Business Analytics
- MBA Concentration in Accounting
- MBA Concentration in Business Analytics
- MBA Concentration in Information Technology
- MBA + M.S. in Accounting Dual Degree
- MBA + M.S. in Business Analytics and Information Management Dual Degree
- M.S. in Business Analytics and Information Management + M.S. in Cybersecurity Dual Degree
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
Lerner’s accounting and management information systems department is a premier recruiting source for internships and jobs with the Big 4 international accounting firms, consulting firms and financial institutions as well as many other national, regional and local companies.
UD’s central east coast location and the Lerner College’s variety of experience-driven learning opportunities make the UD accounting degree a central part of a successful future in any accounting-related profession.
The accounting program provides preparation for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and other professional certifications.
Supporting Our Mission
The department’s faculty is committed to offering distinctive and innovative educational opportunities related to professions in accounting and management of information systems. We are proud to team with alumni and the businesses community to assure the success of our students.
If you would like to explore the many ways to join our mission or support our commitment to students, please contact the department office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 302-831-2961.
- Serving and Studying Abroad - After spending three semesters stationed at the Al Udeid Air Base in Doha, Qatar, UD MIS major Miranda Petti’s sophomore year looked a little different than that of her peers.
- Closing the Skills Gap - UD's trust management minor at the Lerner College of Business and Economics was recognized as a forward-looking initiative to help bridge the gap in the trust management industry. This collaborative effort created a program that defines success for both students and participating companies.
- Lifelong Lerner: Anna Perrotta - Anna Perrotta, a member of UD’s Lerner Class of 2021, shared her favorite UD memories, how she has changed during her time at UD and her plans following graduation.
- Women in Business - Meredith McNamara, Class of 2021 accounting and finance double major, is the president of Women in Business (WIB) at the Lerner College. McNamara shared why she joined WIB, what makes this group unique and more!
- Accounting Student Association - Jeel Patel, Class of 2022 accounting major with minors in trust management and economics, is the president of the Accounting Student Association at the Lerner College. Patel shared why she joined the Accounting Student Association, what makes this group unique and more!