Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems
The Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems (MIS) offers distinctive and innovative educational opportunities designed to promote scholarship and successful leadership.
Join our diverse group of talented and intellectually curious students, and gain the knowledge and skills required to succeed in a highly competitive, global, technology-based marketplace.
B.S. in Accounting
B.S. in Business Analytics
B.S. in Management Information Systems (MIS)
Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Minor in Business Analytics
Accounting B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
Accounting B.S. + Business Analytics and Information Management M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
Management Information Systems B.S. + Business Analytics and Information Management M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
M.S. in Accounting
M.S. in Business Analytics & Information Management
- M.S. in Accounting Practice
- MBA Major in Business Analytics
- MBA Concentration in Accounting
- MBA Concentration in Business Analytics
- MBA Concentration in Information Technology
- MBA + M.S. in Accounting Dual Degree
- MBA + M.S. in Business Analytics and Information Management Dual Degree
- M.S. in Business Analytics and Information Management + M.S. in Cybersecurity Dual Degree
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Ph.D. in Financial Services Analytics
Lerner’s accounting and management information systems department is a premier recruiting source for internships and jobs with the Big 4 international accounting firms, consulting firms and financial institutions as well as many other national, regional and local companies.
UD’s central east coast location and the Lerner College’s variety of experience-driven learning opportunities make the UD accounting degree a central part of a successful future in any accounting-related profession.
The accounting program provides preparation for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and other professional certifications.
Supporting Our Mission
The department’s faculty is committed to offering distinctive and innovative educational opportunities related to professions in accounting and management of information systems. We are proud to team with alumni and the businesses community to assure the success of our students.
If you would like to explore the many ways to join our mission or support our commitment to students, please contact the department office by emailing email@example.com or calling 302-831-2961.
- My Summer Internship: Andrew Gugger - Andrew Gugger, a Class of 2022 management information systems major with minors in computer science and business analytics, spent his summer with Swiss Reinsurance Company, Ltd. as a front-end web development intern.
- My Summer Internship: Kristen Jacob - Kristen Jacob, Class of 2022 operations management major with a minor in management information systems, spent her summer interning as a sales management intern with PepsiCo.
- My Summer Internship: Nicole Chhabra - Nicole Chhabra, Class of 2023 management information systems and finance double major, spent her summer as an analytic intern at Wells Fargo in the Credit Card Retail and Merchant Services Department.
- Blue Hen Finds Opportunity in Accounting - Jeel Patel, UD Class of 2022 accounting major, was named a 2021-2022 Public Company Accounting Oversight Board Scholar.
- What Can You Do With a Business Analytics Degree? - The business analytics major at the University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics teaches students the theories and methods of analyzing large volumes of data.