Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems
The Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems (MIS) offers distinctive and innovative educational opportunities designed to promote scholarship and successful leadership.
Join our diverse group of talented and intellectually curious students, and gain the knowledge and skills required to succeed in a highly competitive, global, technology-based marketplace.
B.S. in Accounting
B.S. in Management Information Systems (MIS)
Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Minor in Business Analytics
- Accounting B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
M.S. in Accounting
M.S. in Information Systems & Technology Management
- Master of Accounting Practice (MAP)
- MBA Major in Accounting
- MBA Concentration in Information Technology
- MBA + M.S. in Accounting Dual Degree
- MBA + M.S. in Information Systems & Technology Management Dual Degree
- M.S. in Information Systems & Technology Management + M.S. in Cybersecurity Dual Degree
Lerner’s accounting and management information systems department is a premier recruiting source for internships and jobs with the Big 4 international accounting firms, consulting firms and financial institutions as well as many other national, regional and local companies.
UD’s central east coast location and the Lerner College’s variety of experience-driven learning opportunities make the UD accounting degree a central part of a successful future in any accounting-related profession.
The accounting program provides preparation for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and other professional certifications.
Supporting Our Mission
The department’s faculty is committed to offering distinctive and innovative educational opportunities related to professions in accounting and management of information systems. We are proud to team with alumni and the businesses community to assure the success of our students.
If you would like to explore the many ways to join our mission or support our commitment to students, please contact the department office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 302-831-2961.
- My Summer Internship: Iyanna McCoy - Iyanna McCoy, Class of 2020, majoring in Management Information Systems, spent her summer as a business development analyst intern at Microsoft.
- Professional Development in Accounting and MIS - This summer several faculty members from the Accounting and Management Information Systems (MIS) department at the University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics attended industry leading professional development programs.
- Global Enterprise Technology Internships - The Global Enterprise Technology (GET) Immersion Internship experience is an innovative, extended 6-month work experience offered to students at the University of Delaware.
- IBM’s Master the Mainframe Competition Coming to UD - Through a generous co-sponsorship with JPMorgan Chase, IBM’s Master the Mainframe Competition will be offered at UD. MtM is a global three-part competition open to all universities.
- My Summer Externship: Kelly Tatulli - Kelly Tatulli, Class of 2021, majoring in accounting, spent her summer in Budapest, Hungary in the Global Advantage Leadership externship at KPMG.