Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems
We serve as a premier recruiting source for internships and jobs with the Big 4 international accounting firms, consulting firms and financial institutions as well as many other national, regional and local companies.
The accounting program provides preparation for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and other professional certifications.
Join our diverse group of talented and intellectually curious students, and gain the knowledge and skills required to succeed in a highly competitive, global, technology-based marketplace.
B.S. in Accounting
B.S. in Business Analytics
B.S. in Management Information Systems (MIS)
Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Minor in Business Analytics
Accounting B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
Accounting B.S. + Business Analytics and Information Management M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
Management Information Systems B.S. + Business Analytics and Information Management M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
M.S. in Accounting
M.S. in Business Analytics & Information Management
- MBA Specialization in Business Analytics
- MBA Specialization in Accounting
- MBA Specialization in Information Technology
- MBA + M.S. in Accounting Dual Degree
- MBA + M.S. in Business Analytics and Information Management Dual Degree
- M.S. in Business Analytics and Information Management + M.S. in Cybersecurity Dual Degree
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Ph.D. in Financial Services Analytics
Supporting Our Mission
The department’s faculty is committed to offering distinctive and innovative educational opportunities related to professions in accounting and management of information systems. We are proud to team with alumni and the businesses community to assure the success of our students.
If you would like to learn more about joining our mission or supporting our commitment to students, please contact the department office by emailing Eileen Sklodowski at email@example.com or calling 302-831-2961.
- Lerner Students Help Test the Possibilities of Virtual Reality Learning - Virtual reality could change the way we learn and work remotely. Recently, Lerner students got a chance to experience this new world.
- What is an Accelerated 4+1 Program? - 4+1 programs jumpstart the careers of undergraduates considering a graduate degree. Find out if a 4+1 is right for you.
- Julie C. Gricol ‘08 Memorial Scholarship - Lerner College accounting major Kayla Schlachter, UD Class of ‘24, is this year’s recipient of the Julie C. Gricol ‘08 Memorial Scholarship.
- Chat GPT: Friend or Foe? - ChatGPT is a tool developed by OpenAI based on the transformer architecture. It has been trained on a massive corpus of text data, allowing it to understand and generate natural language text. This means that ChatGPT can engage in conversations with users and respond to their queries in a way that mimics human conversation.
- FinTech Innovation in Accounting and MIS - The Lerner Accounting and MIS department is an ideal blend of expertise in financial information (FIN) and in technology (TECH), and we expect to contribute significantly to UD's new FinTech initiative.