Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems
The Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems (MIS) offers distinctive and innovative educational opportunities designed to promote scholarship and successful leadership.
Join our diverse group of talented and intellectually curious students, and gain the knowledge and skills required to succeed in a highly competitive, global, technology-based marketplace.
B.S. in Accounting
B.S. in Management Information Systems (MIS)
Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Minor in Business Analytics
- Accounting B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
M.S. in Accounting
M.S. in Information Systems & Technology Management
- Master of Accounting Practice (MAP)
- MBA Major in Accounting
- MBA Concentration in Information Technology
- MBA + M.S. in Accounting Dual Degree
- MBA + M.S. in Information Systems & Technology Management Dual Degree
- M.S. in Information Systems & Technology Management + M.S. in Cybersecurity Dual Degree
Lerner’s accounting and management information systems department is a premier recruiting source for internships and jobs with the Big 4 international accounting firms, consulting firms and financial institutions as well as many other national, regional and local companies.
UD’s central east coast location and the Lerner College’s variety of experience-driven learning opportunities make the UD accounting degree a central part of a successful future in any accounting-related profession.
The accounting program provides preparation for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and other professional certifications.
Supporting Our Mission
The department’s faculty is committed to offering distinctive and innovative educational opportunities related to professions in accounting and management of information systems. We are proud to team with alumni and the businesses community to assure the success of our students.
If you would like to explore the many ways to join our mission or support our commitment to students, please contact the department office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 302-831-2961.
- Blue Hens of a Feather: From Friends to Founders - Nate Matherson teamed up with friends to launch LendEDU. Matherson and several LendEDU employees reflected on the journey of their company and how the Blue Hen community has been vital in their success.
- Lerner Grads Earn More - Class of 2018 graduates of the University of Delaware’s Lerner College are earning above-average starting salaries, beating national starting salary averages by up to 20%.
- A Blue Hen’s Tips for Landing the Job - UD alum Alina Serbina recently secured a position with NBCUniversal after an extensive job search. Serbina shared what she learned and advice for Blue Hens starting their own job search.
- My Summer Internship: Iyanna McCoy - Iyanna McCoy, Class of 2020, majoring in Management Information Systems, spent her summer as a business development analyst intern at Microsoft.
- Professional Development in Accounting and MIS - This summer several faculty members from the Accounting and Management Information Systems (MIS) department at the University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics attended industry leading professional development programs.