Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems
The Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems (MIS) offers distinctive and innovative educational opportunities designed to promote scholarship and successful leadership.
Join our diverse group of talented and intellectually curious students, and gain the knowledge and skills required to succeed in a highly competitive, global, technology-based marketplace.
B.S. in Accounting
B.S. in Management Information Systems (MIS)
Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Minor in Business Analytics
- Accounting B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
M.S. in Accounting
M.S. in Business Analytics & Information Management
- Master of Accounting Practice (MAP)
- MBA Major in Accounting
- MBA Concentration in Information Technology
- MBA + M.S. in Accounting Dual Degree
- MBA + M.S. in Business Analytics & Information Management Dual Degree
- M.S. in Business Analytics & Information Management + M.S. in Cybersecurity Dual Degree
Lerner’s accounting and management information systems department is a premier recruiting source for internships and jobs with the Big 4 international accounting firms, consulting firms and financial institutions as well as many other national, regional and local companies.
UD’s central east coast location and the Lerner College’s variety of experience-driven learning opportunities make the UD accounting degree a central part of a successful future in any accounting-related profession.
The accounting program provides preparation for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and other professional certifications.
Supporting Our Mission
The department’s faculty is committed to offering distinctive and innovative educational opportunities related to professions in accounting and management of information systems. We are proud to team with alumni and the businesses community to assure the success of our students.
If you would like to explore the many ways to join our mission or support our commitment to students, please contact the department office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 302-831-2961.
- My Summer Internship: Grace Delmastro - Grace Delmastro, a Class of 2021 marketing major with minors in management information systems and advertising, spent her summer working with CVS Health/Aetna as a strategic government marketing intern.
- My Summer Internship: Deborah Olaoye - Deborah Olaoye, a Class of 2021 management information systems and marketing double major, spent her summer working as an information technology support analyst at W.L. Gore and Associates.
- Outstanding Lifelong Lerner: Alison Houck - UD alumna and Managing Partner at the Rehoboth office of Faw Casson Alison Houck shared her lessons learned from the coronavirus crisis and advice for fellow Blue Hens in this Q&A.
- How Faking Social Responsibility May Get Companies Hacked - New research from University of Delaware Lerner College Professor John D’Arcy suggests that some hackers may be motivated by disappointment in a company’s attempts to fake social responsibility.
- From the Orchestra to the Office - In this highlight, UD Lerner alum Sergio Alvares discusses his global journey across continents and disciplines before earning his MBA and MS in BAIM degree.