Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems
The Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems (MIS) offers distinctive educational opportunities designed to promote scholarship and successful leadership.
We serve as a premier recruiting source for internships and jobs with the Big 4 international accounting firms, consulting firms and financial institutions as well as many other national, regional and local companies.
The accounting program provides preparation for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and other professional certifications.
Join our diverse group of talented and intellectually curious students, and gain the knowledge and skills required to succeed in a highly competitive, global, technology-based marketplace.
B.S. in Accounting
B.S. in Business Analytics
B.S. in Management Information Systems (MIS)
Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Minor in Business Analytics
Accounting B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
Accounting B.S. + Business Analytics and Information Management M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
Management Information Systems B.S. + Business Analytics and Information Management M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
M.S. in Accounting
M.S. in Business Analytics & Information Management
- MBA Specialization in Business Analytics
- MBA Specialization in Accounting
- MBA Specialization in Information Technology
- MBA + M.S. in Accounting Dual Degree
- MBA + M.S. in Business Analytics and Information Management Dual Degree
- M.S. in Business Analytics and Information Management + M.S. in Cybersecurity Dual Degree
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Ph.D. in Financial Services Analytics
Supporting Our Mission
The department’s faculty is committed to offering distinctive and innovative educational opportunities related to professions in accounting and management of information systems. We are proud to team with alumni and the businesses community to assure the success of our students.
If you would like to learn more about joining our mission or supporting our commitment to students, please contact the department office by emailing Eileen Sklodowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 302-831-2961.
- Research by Lerner Prof Amanda Convery Looks at Impact of CFOs Not Implicated in Fraud - What kind of hit do chief financial officers take when fraud emerges in their companies — even if the CFOs themselves weren’t implicated? UD accounting expert Amanda Convery investigated.
- What I Love About My Major: Business Analytics - In this video, Lerner business analytics majors Allie Rebuck and Kevin Flewelling share their favorite things about their major.
- Outstanding Lifelong Lerner Startup’s Medical Device Gains FDA Approval - UD Lerner Alumni Nick Delmonico’s company Strados Labs is making strides in the care of asthma and other respiratory conditions with new technology.
- Lerner Prof George Tsakumis Has Tax Research Published in Journal of Business Ethics - Most people pay the taxes they owe. For those who are more reluctant, what’s the government’s best option? New research from a Lerner professor shows the threat of audits and fines may not be the only tools.
- Lerner Students Volunteer To Give Free Tax Help - Lerner students serve as crucial volunteers in a partnership that brings free tax help to those who need it most.