Department of Hospitality Business Management
Hospitality is a dynamic, global and ever-expanding industry. Our programs cover not only the dominant areas of hospitality operations – hotels, restaurants and events – but also hospitality business analytics, sport management and healthcare management.
- Hospitality Business Management (B.S.) (HOSP)
- Hospitality Industry Management (B.S.) (HSIM)
- Minor in Restaurant Management
- Sport Management (B.S.) (SPTM)
- Hospitality Business Management B.S. + MBA Accelerated Degree Program
- Minor in Beverage Management
- Minor in Event Management
- Minor in Spa and Wellness Management
- Minor in Sport Management
- Hospitality Business Analytics (Ph.D.)
- Hospitality Business Management (M.S.)
- MBA + M.S. in Hospitality Business Management Dual Degree
- MBA Concentration in Hospitality Business Management
- MBA Concentration in Sport Management
- MBA Major in Healthcare Management
- MBA Concentration in Healthcare Management
Rollins Jamaica, Ltd.
Ashby Hospitality Group
Co-Founder and Co-President
Vice President Human Resources – Talent Management
Marriott International – The Americas
Vice President, Strategic Partnerships
Retired, Past Senior Vice President Operations, Eastern US & Canada
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
Vice President – Global Safety & Risk Control
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Sysco Eastern Maryland, LLC
Shaner Hotel Group
President and CEO
Chairman & CEO
Constrata Tech Consulting
Swiss School of Tourism and Hospitality
VP Global Sales
Pepsi Co Foodservice
Merion Golf Club
Harry’s Hospitality Group
Chief Operating Officer
Executive Vice President
Chief Marketing Officer, Octagon
Executive Vice President, Operations
Love’s Travel Stops
- My Summer Internship: Samantha Matthews - Samantha Matthews, Class of 2020, majoring in hospitality industry management, has spent her summer in the Washington DC area as a food and beverage intern.
- Higher Prices for Longer Stays - Research from a UD professor and graduate students shows that hotels increase prices for longer stays, and looks at the implications of the gap between this pricing and customer expectations.
- Meeting Demands of the World’s Largest Industry - UD has announced a new four-year doctoral program in hospitality business analytics that will help prepare students to lead the hospitality industry using the latest data analytics technology.
- A sport management service legacy - UD’s Tim DeSchriver received the North American Society for Sport Management’s 2019 Dr. Garth Paton Distinguished Service Award in recognition of the important roles he’s served in the organization.
- Vita Nova Renovation Unveiled - President Assanis, Lerner College leadership and major donors to the project came together to celebrate the incredible updates to UD’s student-operated fine dining restaurant Vita Nova.