Hospitality Industry Management (B.S.)
As a hospitality industry management (HSIM) student, you will develop the analytical skills to prepare you for careers in hospitality consulting and in the corporate office.
The HSIM program is a business degree with a hospitality emphasis. Students are introduced to the analytics of the hospitality industry through a combination of business and hospitality business classes. With this knowledge, students will excel in one of the world’s largest industries.
Nothing complements classroom-based learning like practical, on-the-job learning. An integral part of the HSIM curriculum is the requirement for 400 hours of hospitality-related work experience. Students also can join various hospitality student organizations which take students to national industry conferences and provide networking opportunities with leaders and managers in the hospitality field.
Career Development Opportunities
All classes are taught by faculty with significant industry experience and academic credentials. Through the Blue Hen Alumni Network and events like the Hospitality Career Fair and the Paul Wise Executive-in-Residence Speaker Series, industry alumni, leaders and managers frequently visit campus to meet, mentor and hire our students.
Honors in Hospitality Industry Management
The honors program at UD offers a scholarly and enriching community that extends well beyond graduation. You’ll enjoy smaller, more challenging classes and the opportunity to engage in research and assume leadership roles.
The honors degree requires:
- All requirements for the B.S. in hospitality industry management
- All of the UD requirements for the honors baccalaureate degree
Suggested Course Sequence
Within 6 months of graduating, for the class of 2022, 100% of Lerner’s hospitality industry management graduates are employed or pursuing further education. For more information on career resources please visit the Lerner Career Services Center.
Some of the top employers of Lerner’s hospitality industry management graduates include:
- Four Seasons Hotel & Resorts
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Marriott International
Job titles of recent graduates with a hospitality industry management degree include:
- Account Luxury Manager
- Event Sales Coordinator
- Operations Administrator
- Account Executive
- Sales and Management Associate
Visit the Career Outcomes of Lerner hospitality industry management students to see top employers, job titles, salaries and locations.
- What is an Accelerated 4+1 Program? - 4+1 programs jumpstart the careers of undergraduates considering a graduate degree. Find out if a 4+1 is right for you.
- My Summer Internship: Dayana Garzon-Lagos - Garzon-Lagos, class of 2025 hospitality management major with an international business minor, spent her summer as an F&B corporate intern with Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa.
- American Hotel Lodging Association - Robert Kyle Dutrow, Class of 2025 hospitality business management major, is the president of the American Hotel Lodging Association at Lerner College. Dutrow shared why he joined the American Hotel Lodging Association and what makes this group unique!
- Top Tips for Dining Etiquette - Delta Sigma Pi, one of Lerner's business fraternities, learned the top tips for dining etiquette from Vita Nova's Nick Waller and applied their skills at a three-course professional dining event.
- UD Students Give Championship Effort At National Golf Tournament - Lerner students catered to eager golf fans who flocked to Wilmington to see the top 70 golfers play. Championship golf brought more than 100,000 spectators.
Contact our hospitality administrative team: email@example.com; 302-831-6077
Learn more about undergraduate admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.
Schedule a Tour
Attend a class, see the facilities and meet with professors and students.
Marriott Center for Tourism & Hospitality
Gain learning experiences in our 126-room award-winning Courtyard by Marriott hotel and state of the art teaching facility.
Our staff of professional advisors is available daily to help you plan your academic career and graduate on time.