Bachelor of Arts in Economics Education
Economics education for K-12 students is increasingly important. When they grasp microeconomic and macroeconomic concepts, they’ll be prepared to make solid plans for their personal finances: loans, taxes, insurance, stocks and banking. They will also develop a foundation to succeed professionally.
The economics requirements for this degree are the same as those for the other economics majors.
Additional required courses include:
- Nine courses in political science, geography and history (a total of 27 hours), including POSC 150, GEOG 120, HIST 104 and HIST 206
- Education courses: EDUC 413, 414, 419, 420, 400 and 430
- History courses: HIST 491 and 493
Graduates are prepared to teach in Delaware schools and in other states or countries. For information on career resources please visit the Lerner Career Services Center.
- Lerner College Program Ranked by Poets&Quants - UD’s Lerner College Undergraduate Program has risen 10 spots to be ranked #51 in the nation this year.
- Lerner Grads Earn More - Class of 2018 graduates of the University of Delaware’s Lerner College are earning above-average starting salaries, beating national starting salary averages by up to 20%.
Learn more about undergraduate admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.