International Business Studies (B.S.)
The international business studies (IBS) major is designed to prepare you to conduct business successfully around the world.
By placing equal emphasis on business and international studies, including advanced language training and a semester abroad, the IBS program will teach you to apply business principles to a region of the world in that region’s native language.
This specialized international training will give you excellent preparation for a wide variety of careers as markets continue to become more globalized.
If you enjoy living and working in different cultures, speaking different languages and interacting with people from various regions of the world, IBS is the major for you.
As an IBS student you will spend a fall or spring semester studying abroad in a region of the world where your language of choice is spoken (Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Arabic or Russian).
Students studying Chinese, Arabic or Russian will work with their undergraduate program advisor to discuss other study abroad options.
Honors in International Business Studies
The honors program at UD offers a scholarly and enriching community that extends well beyond graduation. You’ll enjoy smaller, more challenging classes and the opportunity to engage in research and assume leadership roles.
The honors degree requires:
- All requirements for the B.S. in international business studies
- All of the UD requirements for the honors baccalaureate degree
The honors credits in the major must include six credits of BUAD and/or FINC courses and six credits of the chosen language.
Suggested Course Sequence
All courses are three credits unless stated otherwise.
Within 6 months of graduating, for the class of 2022, 100% of Lerner’s international business studies graduates are employed (earning a mean starting salary of $61,909) or pursuing further education. For more information on career resources please visit the Lerner Career Services Center.
Some of the top employers of Lerner’s international business studies graduates include:
- JPMorgan Chase
- Enterprise Holdings
Job titles of recent graduates with an international business studies degree include:
- Account Executive
- Sales Representative
- International Customer Relations
- Global Business Services Consultant
- Language and Culture Assistant
Visit the Career Outcomes of Lerner international business studies students to see more top employers, job titles, salaries and locations.
- Lerner College Business, Economics Programs Ranked Among Nation’s Best - Lerner's undergraduate business program ranked No. 84, undergraduate economics program ranked No. 99 in latest rankings.
- What I Love About My Major: International Business - In this video, Lerner business analytics majors Allie Rebuck and Kevin Flewelling share their favorite things about their major.
- Lifelong Lerner: Garrett Mobley - Garrett Mobley, a finance and financial planning and wealth management double major with a minor in international business from Towson, Maryland, is a member of UD Lerner's Class of 2023.
- Lifelong Lerner: Ella Kolln - UD Lerner Class of 2023 graduate Ella Kolln is an honors operations management and marketing double major with minors in fashion management, french and international business from State College, Pennsylvania.
- Lerner Students Volunteer To Give Free Tax Help - Lerner students serve as crucial volunteers in a partnership that brings free tax help to those who need it most.
Dr. Jennifer Gregan
Learn more about undergraduate admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.
For over 50 years, most Lerner business and accounting programs have been accredited by AACSB.
Lerner students embark on global adventures through study trips and international internships.
Our staff of professional advisors is available daily to help you plan your academic career and graduate on time.